Southwest Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Posted by Spinning® on Apr 18th 2018
Are you looking for an easy and delicious southwest-style salad? Try this southwest inspired chopped salad with creamy cilantro lime dressing.
Southwest Chopped Salad
- Large head of romaine lettuce
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- 15 oz. can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions
- Creamy cilantro lime dressing
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- Cooked chicken (optional)
- Top with avocado (optional)
- Chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes and green onions.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Toss with dressing.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed
- ½ avocado (or greek yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- 1 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until combined and smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.