Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip | PaleoSchmaleo
Posted by Spinning® on Apr 18th 2018
Our Spinning® health experts have teamed up with Primal Kitchen to bring foodies healthy and delicious meals and desserts. We bring you this week's recipe for paleo spinach artichoke dip courtesy of the women behind PaleoSchmaleo; check out more of these paleo recipes on their blog, PaleoSchmaleo.
1 Cup caramelized shallots1 Green & 1 Red roasted bell pepper1 14oz can Artichokes - chopped roughly1 6oz can Wild caught LUMP crab meat (we used Crown Prince)1 8oz can Water chestnuts - drained & roughly chopped4 Cups spinach - packed3/4 Cup Paleo mayo - homemade or from the Primal Kitchen Pre-made Mayo1 can full fat coconut milk - just the top fat part of the canJuice of 1 lemon1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper1/4 Tsp Salt & pepper1/2 Tsp Paprika1 Tbsp minced garlic1 Tbsp arrowroot
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take your chopped Shallots and begin to caramelize them in a large skillet. While they are caramelizing, roast your peppers. Multi-task!
- Once your shallots are caramelized, remove from the pan and let them lay on a napkin to dry and crisp up. Leave the oil in the pan.
- In that pan, on medium heat, add the artichokes, water chestnuts, crab meat, garlic and heat for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. (you might have to add more ghee or cooking oil/fat of your choice)
- Add in the spinach and cook down until soft.
- Incorporate your peppers.
- Stir in the mayo, coconut milk and all the seasonings (except the arrowroot) including the lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Take the arrowroot and dissolve it in 1Tbsp of water stirring it to a liquid then pour it into the dish and stir until blended.
- Put your whole skillet into the oven to bake 15 minutes or until it bubbles.
- Serve with some of your favorite dipping veggies!
Note: Some people are allergic or do not like certain seafood. When taking this to a party, you can always leave out the crab meat.