Our Spinning® health experts have teamed up with Primal Kitchen
to bring you health conscious foodies the delicious meals and desserts. All of these recipes are created by food and nutrition bloggers who cook and eat according to the paleo diet. The paleo, or paleolithic, diet focuses on increasing proteins and limiting carbohydrates while eliminating dairy, grains, and processed foods. Whether you are already on the paleo diet or hearing about it for the first time, give these recipes a try to help you shape your body into a lean, mean athlete.This week's recipe for Paleo Broccoli Salad is courtesy of Natasha Gildea. Check out more of Natasha's paleo recipes on her blog, The Feisty Kitchen
Salad:12oz bag broccoli florets, cut into uniform size¼ cup grape tomatoes, cut into 3rds¼ cup goji berries¼ cup sprouted sunflower seeds4 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
Dressing:⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Mayo1 Tbsp. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar1 Tbsp. Brain Octane or MCT oil (I used BulletProof Exec brand)1 Tbsp. shallot, minced1 tsp. raw honeyHimalayan pink salt & pink peppercorns (I used Flavor God)
- In a medium bowl, add all salad ingredients.
- Separately, in a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients except S&P.
- Whisk dressing until combined and then season to taste with S&P.
- Add dressing to salad and stir to ensure all broccoli is coated.
- Refrigerate for 30 min to allow flavors to mingle.