Your Spinning® instructor certification expires 2 years after the date of your Spinning® Instructor Training. Keep your certification active and master the skills you need to teach unforgettable classes by earning at least 14 STAR points before your expiration date. When you have the required points, renewing your certification from your account is quick and easy. Plus, your renewal fee is waived if your SPIN membership is current! Once you've earned a cumulative total of 40 STAR points, you will no longer have to pay the certification renewal fee.
To see how many STAR points you've earned to date, access your account.
Need STAR points?
- Have you been expired for more than one year or need all 14 STAR points? Complete a recertification course.
- Reach 14 STAR points in one incredible weekend at the World Spinning and Sports Conditioning Conference.
- Attend sessions or rides with Spinning master instructors at fitness conferences and earn up to 1 STAR point per hour.
- Take a Spinning continuing education workshop and earn up to 6 STAR points.
- Earn up to 5 STAR points by completing a home study or online course.
- Get 1 STAR point for each Spinning newsletter quiz you complete.
- You can also petition STAR points for educational courses covering relevant topics such as heart rate training, cycling techniques, biomechanics and exercise science.
Ready to Renew?
- If your SPIN membership is not current, you can renew your membership and certification at one time for the best value, or simply renew your certification for the basic renewal fee.
- Access your account to renew now or check the status of your SPIN membership and Spinning certification.
- Or renew by mail/fax by completing the certification renewal application [Adobe PDF].
- Learn more about SPIN membership.