SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA: WE’RE CASTING INDOOR CYCLING INSTRUCTORS FOR OUR NEW VIDEO SERIES
Spinning®, the creators of indoor cycling and world-wide leaders in bikes, education and programming is looking for amazing instructors to lead the creation of our next generation of Spinning digital content. We’re seeking energetic, enthusiastic and charismatic instructors to serve as our on-camera ambassadors for a variety of video content to be produced in 2017 and beyond.
If this is you or you know of an instructor or trainer with a great personality, flawless personal style, engaging disposition, excellence in form and technique with the ability to take control of a room filled with riders, we’d love to hear from you. We will be accepting applications on a first come, first serve basis until June 6, 2017 so if you want to be considered, submit your application as soon as possible.
- Instructors must possess a minimum of one-year teaching experience where they have been responsible for creating and leading indoor cycling classes at a gym, club or private studio.
- Applicants are expected to have obtained a nationally recognized certification in indoor cycling, group fitness, OR personal training.
- It is preferred that Instructors be located in Southern California.
- Instructors should have an understanding of proper technique, form and coaching. Instructors should be able memorize short lines, read from cue cards/prompter, as well as be able to improvise when necessary. A Great personality and presence is a huge plus.
- Performance experience in public speaking, music, dance or theatre is also a plus.
- Previous on camera experience is a plus.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Do I need to currently teach indoor cycling to be considered?
A: Indoor cycling experience is a plus but, more importantly, we’re looking for the best instructors, trainers, and coaches out there. We can teach you what you need to know, but you should have experience in training, group fitness, or coaching.
THE INFORMATION WE NEED FROM YOU TO BE CONSIDERED
- Full Name
- City, State where you live (Southern California is preferred)
- Your fitness resume/experience with dates of employment and links to studio/club websites.
- Any links to on camera work, segments, reels, or features that you’ve participated in that may be helpful to our selection process.
PHOTOS (JPEGS requested)
- A clear head shot (Doesn’t need to be professional, but it should showcase you as you look today, not three years ago)
- A full length body shot (Showing your physique and personal style)
We’re looking for strong, inspiring personalities that come through in video. So we’ll need a little video footage of you doing what you do best!
There’s no need for professional videography or lighting. Using your cell phone or a tablet please record yourself. You can do this all in one setting or break it up into separate segments. But its important that you to provide either a VIMEO or a YOUTUBE link for ease of review.
- Introduce yourself on camera. Tell us who you are and why you became an instructor
- Answer the following questions on camera:
- What inspires you to teach?
- Give an example how you made a difference in someone fitness goals.
- What do you love about Spinning®/indoor cycling?
- Imagine a client is discouraged during a class. How do you keep them motivated? What sort of cues do you give them?
- Every instructor has a go-to phrase or a mantra. What’s yours? (IE Take what you need, leave what you don’t)
- OPTIONAL Sample ride: Preferably in front of a class and on an indoor cycling bike, give us a 5 minute preview of what your class looks and feels like. How you cue, how you ride, how you inspire, what kind of drills you execute. You’ve got 5 minutes to show WHO YOU ARE as an instructor. Make it count!
Submissions will be accepted until June 6, 2017. Please submit your completed package to SPINNINGCASTING1@gmail.com. THANKS and GOOD LUCK!